Saturday, June 20, 2020

Diary of a Stay-at- Home Caregiver day 4

Time fly so fast! To think this is the 4th day of my stay-at-home patient but 10th day of his quarantine. He is on the road to recovery...after 4 days, he is free to leave his room😁

 The day started with a smile as my patient finished all the food in his plate. No complain. No reaction.  Even with some occasional cough , he seemed to wake up on the right side of the bed!

Today the sun shine brightly and it is my rest day so" Lord, I pray that may the holy day be filled with peace and joy." Here is the Menu for today:

Breakfast- Champorado with milk, Steamed banana Pau, Ampalaya with egg, Navel Oranges
Lunch - Fish with Bitter gourd Tinola, Ampalay & Tomato Salad, Lemon Juice
Dinner - Chicken Mami

The food are very simple but full of nutrition to help boost his immune system. Later that afternoon, I gave him some cookies and a cup of Hibiscus Tea with Lemon. He always asked for hot soup or tea .



As for me, I spend the rest of the afternoon preparing for his next meal and above all check on his steam bath. Steam bath plays a very important role on his recovery as well as proper nutrition. It eases any congestion that this virus may have created in his body. I do steam bath once a day too for me to feel complete and  comfortable .

I realized that my service will be terminated soon. I am thankful to God almighty for His protection as well as His providence to both of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment