Friday, June 19, 2020

Diary of a Stay-at-Home Caregiver day 3

Patience is a virtue they said. I always wanted things fast, not only in my work but also in my household chores. For me time is gold . You might never know if you get the chance to do it again.

On the other hand, when one is physically weak , they are also emotionally weak. That rings true...I can relate it to my patient. I need more patience to understand why he doe not want to talk, eat and listen. He seems to be a little bit down today. He ate his breakfast late and when I asked him to eat his lunch he simply did not touch it until late in the afternoon. He did not say anything but simply ignored me. He was coughing for most of the morning and he seems upset about it. I tried to give him a hot hibiscus tea with lemon which he drank and relieved him of his coughing. Oh Thank God, that was a relief!
Menu for today includes:

Breakfast- oatmeal with banana , chicken sausage and his favorite coffee (he always asked for it )
Lunch   - Vegetables soup with coco milk, eggplant salad and smoked fish
Dinner  -  Chicken  Arroz Caldo


I also prepared steamed banana pau for sabbath or Saturday breakfast. And probably some peanut butter spread and hot chocolate with milk then. Well, to be honest  it is not easy to think of a menu especially in this pandemic crises. Stocks are limited as well as the trip to a grocery store is like a hurdle that you need to jump. I hate making alibis why I need to go out from the village I might as well use whatever I had until I can go out free on Tuesday😁🤪🤪...what will be, will be.

I need to prepare everything today since tomorrow is a holiday for me and my family. It is our rest day. And today is rather a challenging one for me but to sum it all, it was a successful and great day!                               

     

             

No comments:

Post a Comment