Thursday, June 18, 2020

Diary of a Stay- at -Home Caregiver day 2

The day did not end gracefully yesterday. Late in the evening, my husband had onset of loose bowel movement. I decided to contact my hospital nurse who briefly told me to re hydrate my patient and if condition worsen, I have to take him to the hospital. I don't have any medications for diarrhea but I can do  home remedies . I remember  I used to make an oral re-hydration solution when my kids were small. So I quickly made the preparation: 1 liter of water mixed with 1 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoon of sugar  is all I need . Bingo! I have ORESOL ready for my patient. Finally after few trips to the comfort room, he finally fall asleep including me. What a way to end my day!

Day 2

My patient woke up early today and took a quick bath. I am thankful that He is okay and ready for his breakfast. Menu for today

                     Breakfast-  bread and  eggs,  hot chocolate and banana

Lunch-  Grilled Tamarong Fish , Vegetables Soup, Tomato Salad and banana
Dinner- Minced Chicken with Vermicelli Soup, Tuna and green banana         

My patient's condition so far is good with occasional coughing maybe due to the ceiling fan? I can see that He is moving around in his room and slept the rest of the afternoon. I tried to change the door curtains in the room while He is sleeping. Take note that I am always wearing my mask!                       
The day ended peacefully and  rain started to pour until late in the evening. I woke up at 12;30 midnight and I couldn't go back to sleep so I went and checked my patient. He was sleeping soundly.  Thank you for the rain and the blessings of the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment