Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Diary of a Stay-at-home Caregiver

It started when the two of his co-worker started to show symptoms. After a test , the two tested positive that eventually turned the heads of the infection control people to my husband. And sure enough after the test, he was confirmed positive. He was told to stay at home and quarantine himself after he was found asymptomatic rather than to stay at the hospital where he could be exposed to other diseases. As a wife,  I was a suspect too, so I am included in the  quarantine.

DAY 1 (official)
I prepared his room where he will be staying for 14 days or more depending on the next swab test. I placed a basket full of fruits for him to eat while on quarantine. Also included in the room is a rice cooker for steam bath or steam inhalation, 1 liter of clean water and a thermos bottle full of hot water.All is set for the occupant. And of course I did first my steam bath too!


Lunch includes tomato and cucumber salad with lemon, vegetable soup, fried fish  and banana .  Later in the afternoon he started to feel pain on his joints. He tried to drink pain relievers to ease his pain but to no avail. I decided to give him  anti-flu medication and He fall asleep. 
I am thankful to my heavenly Father for family and friends who are very supportive to us in this time of crises both spiritually and financially. Words could not express our heartfelt appreciation!  

I started to document everything in the diary of a stay at home caregiver, that's me😊😊 to monitor the progress of my husbands condition and to keep myself busy rather than to worry on the possibility of cross contamination and  things beyond my capacity. Tomorrow would be another day of adventures and hopefully it could be a colorful one.


No comments:

Post a Comment